I Serve

Click Click Click!

Sunday, 20 May 2012

De Kebab + Plan B at Publika, Solaris Dutamas

Came back to KL for a few days during the week off before exams. Guan Yu joined me on this trip and we paid a visit to a relatively new restaurant in Publika - De Kebab to commemorate my turning 22 *shudder*.

We were seated outside with a good night view of KL. The only pet peeve I had was that the lighting sucked, and most of the following pictures have undergone extensive editing. *need new camera - hint hint*

The family + Guan Yu:

Mom's drink:

Iranian version of Naan:

Some of the many sauces to dip your Naan into:

Dainty stuff:

Kebab Platter:

We had 3 HUGEASS platters which we could barely finish!

From left: Uncle Cheng, Aunt Nancy and Kuku 
Guan Yu and I:

From left: Me, Guan Yu, Wee Qin, Chris, Uncle Cheng, Aunt Nancy
With the Grandpa:
Clockwise from left: Louisa, Me, Ivan, Grandpa
Whilst leaving the place, Guan Yu and I noticed a slimy looking thing crawling up the water feature in the restaurant. We both went: OMG SNAIL!!! It was battling the flow of the fountain and I just HAD to snap a picture. The manager of the place was like: those are my pets!

And here's a pic!
Brave Mr Snail! 
Price: 5/10. A tad bit too expensive for what you're getting.
Food: 6/10. Personally, I didn't like it much. The meats were very dry and tough but the salmon was AWESOME! My favorite part of the dinner was the Naan but I didn't fancy 2 of the 3 sauces they provided us with.
Verdict: If you are a fan of dry, sour-tasting meat, then this is the place to go. I wouldn't make a second visit myself but it's worth a try!

De Kebab, Publika is at:
D5-G4-6, Solaris Dutamas (PUBLIKA) 
Jalan Dutamas 1 
50480 Mont Kiara
Tel: 03-6205 3580 / 017-226 5476

Next stop, Plan B. Guan Yu was raving about the Apple Crumble here so we decided to give it a go after dinner.

Our table:

Artsy shot:

We look like we're in some shabby business meeting lol!

Grandpa:

Artsy shot of the menu:

Strawberry Cheesecake:

Apple Crumble:

Carrot Cake:

Price: 8/10. Reasonable.
Desserts: 9/10. *DROOL* Loved the Apple Crumble - Guan Yu was right about the texture and taste. I'm normally not a fan of Cheesecakes but damn the Strawberry Cheesecake was GOOD~ and so was the Carrot Cake!
Verdict: DEFINITELY making return visits!

You can find Plan B online at: CLICK HERE!

No comments: