I Serve

Click Click Click!

Saturday, 31 March 2012

Healing Touch - Massage Anyone?

About 2 weeks before our Junior Recitals, James and I decided that we needed a time out because work was piling up. We were feeling the pressure!

Naturally, we opted for (what promised to be) a therapeutic massage session at "Healing Touch":

The interior:

It smelt really nice in side too! Like, aroma therapy oil kinda smell, you know?

Nice water feature:

Happy James:

The massage bed:

It was the first time I had ever gone for a full body massage, so I really didn't know what to expect. The masseuse gave me this really tiny cotton thong thing and was like: you take off everything then put on this one ah!

And then I looked at the thong and went O.O?!

But it was a good session and I could feel my muscle knots being kneaded away. She also asked if I wanted my back err... "twisted" and I said sure! Damn that was the best decision I made in a year - it felt awesome!

Us post-massage:

For more information, visit their website: HERE!
You can do your bookings online so it's really quite fuss-free. And they offer a large variety of massages/scrubs so make sure you check them out! (I personally am eyeing one of the scrub sessions. Muahaha)

Anyways, we got hungry post-massage so we went scouting for dinner and ended up at this dingy looking Dim Sum place, which turned out to be pretty good! (Sorry I forgot the name of the place, will make a note of it the next time I go there!)

Fried Foo Chuk:

A tad bit too oily for me, but tasted good nonetheless!

Sugar cane + Lime:

Definitely a must-have thirst quencher. Awesomesauce#

Xiao Long Bao:

Wasn't great. There was hardly any soup in it - which made us think that it was probably the frozen, factory-produced type. Edible though.

Yam Cake:

I'm a yam fanatic. I could eat yam the whole year and not get sick of it. And this yam cake just made my mouth water!! TWO thumbs up!

Har Gow (shrimp dumpling?):

This was o-kay as well. I'm not a big fan of this particular dim sum anyways, so yeah.

Chee Cheong Fun:

This was my least favorite of the evening. The sauce was sickly sweet and had a gooey texture (which I didn't care for), and the chee cheong fun itself tasted kinda wonky. O_O


Fried Char Siew Pau:

I'm salivating just thinking about how good this was! I loved the fact that the flour bit wasn't too thick, and the meat inside was cooked just right (tender). Dammit I want it NAO!!

All in all, it was a great day out and I can't wait to do it again! *hint hint*

No comments: