I Serve

Click Click Click!

Monday, 26 December 2011

Sushi Tei (Singapore + KL)

Yes, this is gonna be about my eating spree in Singapore and KL, and coincidentally in the same Japanese restaurant chain: Sushi Tei.

The view outside Sushi Tei, Singapore:

The interior:


Sis and Guan Yu:

Browsing the menu:

Chawanmushi:

I'm not a very big fan of chawanmushi, but I have to admit, this one was pretty darn good.

Guan Yu's Spicy Ramen:

As she very aptly put in her blog POST, it was Spicy Ramen gone wrong. The chef took her statement of "make it as spicy as possible" a little too literally and ended up with a bowl of overly spicy ramen. O_O Luckily they agreed to give her another bowl when she told them it was WAY too spicy.

My Chicken Tamago Don:

I'm drooling just thinking about it. Seriously. Chicken was just the right side of tender, the egg not under/over cooked, and overall just... *droooooooool*

Lou's Scallop Tamago Don:

Didn't try this (cause I was stuffed with my own main dish) but according to my sis, it was really really good. Scallops were fresh and smelt like heaven in a bento box.

The highlight of the evening though, HAD to be this:

It's called "Golden Roll" and it's honestly the best thing I've ever tasted in my life!


The mango was sour + sweet, the prawn crunchy and rice cooked just right.


Went back to PGP feeling utterly stuffed and satisfied.

Now...

Sushi Tei, Kuala Lumpur:

Mom and dad browsing:

Sis and Aunt:

A couple of sushi dishes my dad scrounged from the sushi belt:

Sis and I:


I digress: both pictures were edited using Facecam (iPhone APP)

Chawanmushi:

Again, another bowl of goodness. Definitely comparable to the one we had in Singapore.

Dad's Sashimi:

I don't like raw stuff so I didn't try those, but my dad gave the thumbs up when I asked him how did it taste, so I take it as it was good enough for him (and my dad's not easy to please food-wise).

Nom nom nom... and mom taking pictures with her iPhone:

My sister's drink:

Okay it was nice, but a little too over-priced for Sprite + Cherry flavoring. *frown*

The dish I was itching to try the most: GOLDEN ROLL!!!

To my complete and utter disappointment, it was MUCH smaller than the platter we had in Singapore AND it didn't taste half as great. So yeah, don't order this in KL, cause the mango was ALL sweet and too soft (too ripe for my liking) and the prawn was nothing to shout about either.

The same chicken dish I ordered in Singapore:

Now this, was good. Just as delicious as the one I had in Singapore, if not better.

Sister ordered the same thing she did back in Singapore too: Scallop Tamago Don.

She liked this one better than the one in Singapore. Something about the scallops being yummier or something of the sort. 

Aunt and mom both ordered the bento sets:

Taste was great, but the portion was a little too large for one person. Luckily my dad didn't order a main dish so he could clean up after my mom and aunt. LOL!

Verdict: the main dishes were comparable, but the Golden Roll in KL really REALLY let me down. However, eating at Sushi Tei in KL is definitely cheaper than in Singapore, though the portions in Singapore are larger so I'd recommend food-picking girls to share (or bring your boyfriend to clean up after you).

For more info, visit their WEBSITE!


Next post: Creamier, Singapore!

No comments: