I Serve

Click Click Click!

Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Day 05 - A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life

Dear Mommy...


Hi! *awkward*

Lol...

Well, for starters, thank you for not letting me give up playing the violin although I was very very close to doing so. And of course, supporting me all the way in the path I chose as a career - not many Asian parents would encourage their child to pursue music for tertiary studies. *frown*

I know our relationship sort of went south when I attended secondary school far from home and didn't take school work as seriously as I should have, but I wouldn't have done anything differently even if I could turn back time. In fact, I'd probably take more time to practice if I could do it all over again, then perhaps I won't be having such a tough time coping now.

Yes, yes, yes... I can imagine you going "I told you so..."

Anyways, I'm happy and thankful that we've "patched" things up. I don't know how it happened, but I love how our family is so much more closely knit compared to a few years ago. As the saying goes, blood IS thicker than water, and I always look forward to coming home for short breaks and holidays.

I wouldn't say that you "changed" my life, but you (and the rest of our family) have always been the constant(s) in it. And for that, I'm eternally grateful.

Ooh! And of course - I must mention this - thanks a million for letting me have both ABRSM (British) and YAMAHA (Japanese) musical training. I'm definitely gonna do the same thing for my kids (if I have any) in future. Hahaha!

Err... I'm really bad at this aren't I? I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks for always being there for me, and if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be where I am now.

See you this Friday!!

Lots of love,
Clarrie

My Mom Is Awesome!

2 comments:

Syed said...

Wow! what a beautiful lines.. i hope no one says no.





Sales letter

Clarissa said...

Thanks Syed!