I Serve

Click Click Click!

Sunday, 25 September 2011

Of Book Sales and Japanese Cuisine

Yes, we went out again. *grin*

Last night was crazier because Guan Yu, Xing Lin, Claudia, Qabir and I had dinner at Alcove (next to YST), watched some funny videos on YouTube, then headed to U-Town for Starbucks and mooncake. Thanks to having caffeine so late at night, I ended up only sleeping at 5am or so. Blergh!

Anyways, this time it was with only Qabir and Guan Yu (as usual LOL), and we were at Parkway Parade to scout for books to buy from Borders. If you haven't heard, they are having a clearance sale for that particular branch before closing officially on Monday, 9pm. So if you haven't gotten the chance to rummage through the piles of books in there, I suggest you go tomorrow or there'll be nothing left. Half the stock was gone by the time we got there.

Anyways, these are the purchases I made:
Elizabeht Taylor, a biography
Sovay, byCelia Rees
Passion, by Lauren Kate
The Temptation of the Night Jasmine, by Lauren Willig
They didn't have any of the best-selling authors on the shelves, so yeah... I had wanted to get Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown. *frown*

Nevertheless, I saved about SGD90 on all the books (I only paid a total of SGD40 for everything), Qabir saved SGD100++ and Guan Yu saved around SGD50 I think.

We then proceeded to have dinner at Ichiban Boshi:

I found the continuation of the waiting queue (on the left) very amusing:
Left: Qabir and Guan Yu
But we finally made it inside:

The menu:

SAKE!

My Beef Teriyaki Don:

Agedashi Tofu:

We were quite satisfied with our food, but Guan Yu and I felt like ice cream, so we headed down to Andersen's:
From left: Belgian Chocolate, Mint
Easily one of the best Belgian Chocolate I've ever tasted. Qabir couldn't help himself in the end and got one as well. The expression on his face when he was staring at the ice cream -- epic!

Walked around the streets while finishing up our ice-cream, and I FINALLY bought a new cover for my i-Phone:

Rugged stuff. 

It's nights like these that make me think: it's all worth it.

Headed back to PGP soon after, Skype-ed with James for a bit, and now I really need to get some sleep.

Toodles!

No comments: