I Serve

Click Click Click!

Tuesday, 13 September 2011

How Important Is Your Virtue?

Pre-marital sex seems to be all the rage now. Apparently, it's the new "black". *rolls eyes*

How is it "cool" when all you're doing is upping the chances of ruining your life?

Yea yea yea protection + pills + *coughwithdrawalcough* bla bla bla

Didn't your science teacher tell you none of them are fool proof?

Sure, some of them have a 99% success rate, but do you honestly think your life is worth that 1% chance? Let's face it, once you get pregnant, your life changes. Especially for teenage moms, the stress is ten-fold because you're not even mature enough to look after yourself, let alone provide for an infant. -_-"

And who's to say the father of your unborn child won't run off if he decides that he's too young to be tied down so early in his life?

As for contraceptive pills:

What are the disadvantages of using birth control pills?

  • sudden changes in your mood or feelings when taking BCPs. 
  • nausea (upset stomach) and decreased appetite for sex. 
  • an increased appetite and gain weight very fast. 
  • bleeding in between periods, less frequent periods, vaginal dryness, and breast pain.
  • higher risk of getting a blood clot in your leg or arm.
  • pain and swelling, and it can stop blood from flowing where it needs to go in your body. 
  • blood clot can break loose and travel to your lungs or brain. A blood clot in your brain can cause a stroke. 

And apparently you run risk of having deformed children as well.

Would you want to live like that? I wouldn't.

Personally, pre-marital sex is a no-no for me, because I value my life (and peace of mind *cough*) and I do not want to bring grief upon my parents when they've given all they can to support and provide for me. 

But I've got nothing against girls who decide to do it anyway, since it's your own life you're ruining. Having said that, I reckon you should still take into consideration the other lives you'll be affecting before you decide to take your chances.

So girls, if you belong to the group of naive "I-just-want-to-be-cool" teenagers, I suggest you read up, and learn how to say NO!
From: Google Images
Happy pondering!

No comments: