I Serve

Click Click Click!

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

This Ain't Gonna Be Pretty

Wuthering Heights is NOT a book you should read before you sleep. 

Emily Bronte must have had some pretty dark thoughts in her head to churn out such a dark work in her day and time. And people thought Jane Eyre (written by her sister, Charlotte Bronte) was bad!

I'm not joking when I say 50 pages a time is a maximum for me, more than that and my head will just explode with frustration.

With badly written books like modern chick-lit, I usually force myself to finish it in one sitting because I want to get it over and done with (instead of leaving it unfinished and waste my money), but this is not the case. It's a well-written book, just that it's a pain to read more than 40-50 pages in one go!

It strains at my sanity just reading one page, seriously. It is NOT a book you read for enjoyment.

Unless you enjoy books in which characters drive themselves (and the reader) mad.

From now on, I will only read the book in broad daylight. If I read it at night, I won't be able to sleep a wink cause I'll be thinking about it and wake up the next morning feeling like a zombie not unlike this morning

Ok he's not a zombie just my favorite among the 7 dwarves LOL but I was doing that (yawning) the whole day!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch/read something useless to clear my head for the night.

No comments: