I Serve

Click Click Click!

Monday, 15 August 2011

Books Books BOOKS!!!

Muahahahahaha~

As mentioned before, I was desperate for reading material (and I'm starting to wonder if I spoke too soon) so I went to Vivo this afternoon (after lunch with Guan Yu + Claudia) to buy some books, some stationery, a pillow case (from Esprit ok), and bread!

 Full Scap paper (cause I'll need it)
Full scap paper also from esprit O_O
Left: Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte
Right: The Five People You Meet In Heaven, Mitch Albom

Yes, they're both from that BBC must-read list. I wanted to get "Gone with the Wind" as well, but they only had an adaptation. So I'll wait. 

Now this compulsory purchase is the one that made me wonder if I'm biting off more than I can chew:
Japanese 1 Textbook
On top of the above book (which is already quite thick), we still have to get ANOTHER textbook, a "Translation & Grammatical Notes" book, a "Hyojun Mondaishu) - I don't even know what the heck that means, and a Kanji book. *faints*

+ 5 HOURS OF TUTORIALS PER WEEK!

*breathes*

I have a phobia for buying textbooks because they are a HUGE waste of money if/when the teachers/lecturers don't use them. But I'm reassuring myself that my sis can have the books after I'm done with them anyways. O_O

Random: when I was in Vivo, this promoter lady approached me and shoved a jar of dead sea salt in my face and was like: YOU WANT TO TRY? MAKE YOUR HAND VERY SMOOTH WAN! Before I could come up with an excuse (like I'm not interested), she started rubbing the salt on my hands! -_-" So, while pretending to be interested, I went over to the sink of the promoting booth and hurriedly washed the stuff off. After that was done, I told her I'll think about it, but she wouldn't let it go! To be honest, I was getting a little annoyed because I just wanted to buy my stuff and get back to PGP, so I just told her I'm late for a dinner date with a friend and walked away as fast as I could. 

If the product actually works, not so bad la... the area (of my hand) that she applied the salt on started itch and turn red after awhile. Ish!

I'll end the post with a pic I edited using Instagram:
Yeah I'm obsessed, so sue me.
First lecture tomorrow. *prays hard*

No comments: