I Serve

Click Click Click!

Sunday, 1 May 2011

Updates + Restaurant Review

So the family came down to Singapore last Tuesday and stayed at Festive Hotel in Sentosa. Having finished our juries on Wednesday, Ray and I had dinner with my family then headed (via monorail) to Sentosa and Ray had fun splashing about in the pool with my brother:
Now why did that sound so gay?

Nice pool huh?
Ray having fun
"Hmm... I wonder if I can build a pool like this for my future home"
2 days ago, James had finished his juries and so we decided to head out. He brought me to this place called "Hacienda" for my birthday dinner. Again, I had no idea where we were headed until he told the cabbie where to go. -_-"

James and the voucher he got for playing in a gig:


The Menu
Very Homey Ambience
Kid's Corner!
Interior Design


The view outside
James: I'm H-U-N-G-R-Y!!
Waiting for food
 Ok I hope you're not hungry whilst reading this because I get hungry just THINKING about the food we had that evening!

Our chocolate drink
 It was the most sinful drink I've ever had in my life. The chocolate was SO thick they couldn't have put much water in it. And there was hundreds of tiny chocolate wafer bits to chew on!

Mushroom soup and garlic bread as appetizers
Mushroom soup smelt heavenly, but the taste was just a tad bland. Garlic bread was good! Crunchy and flavor-full.

Main course:

James'
"L.A. Burger"
How thick can you get?
Drool-worthy fries
Mine
"Chicken Cordon Bleu"
Can you SEE the cheese spilling out of it?
 Chicken was crisp on the outside, tender on the inside; mushrooms were dipped in abundance of cheese; vegetables were fresh; potatoes were boiled to perfection...

*sigh*

James and his err... tomato =P
Highly satisfied.
 The bill actually amounted to SGD75++ but because of the voucher, I think James only had to top up SGD20++? Worth it max!

If you're interested, it's a pretty good place to have dinner with your significant other/ family/ friends etc. And here's the info: 

13A Dempsey Road, Singapore 249674
T: 6476 2922
F: 
6476 4892
Bar: Daily 5pm – 1am (Sunday-Thurs) / 2am (Fri & Sat)
Café: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 8:30am to 11pm; Mondays to Thursdays 10:30am to 11pm

For more info, visit their website: HERE!

 Spotted this while walking towards the bus stop:
OOSH! 


We were so darn full after that sinful dinner, we figured we should walk a bit and take the bus as opposed to cabbing, which would make me feel really fat.

Next, we were off to Jurong Point to meet Boon Ping for a movie! Walked around for a bit cause we were really early, window shopped, mostly.

The crowd was crazy:

Some game console fair

James and Sprite
More Crazy People
My purchase from FOX!
Boon Ping arrived just 5 minutes before the movie was due to start. We watched this:
THOR
 Was pretty good, actually. A little bit predictable, yes, but these movies always are. Nevertheless I appreciated the humor in it, and the effects were pretty darn awesome.

Yesterday, we went to photostat some scores and shopped around for sun glasses (for the Redang trip!). Saw (and tried on) these gorgeous Burberry shades that were on discount (after discount SGD280, original price SGD500!) so damn tempted to buy but my conscience told me not yet!

Anyways, we headed to Esplanade to watch Qin Li Wei in concert, and on the way there, bought this:
Damn Cheap ok? SGD1 only!
James' Peppermint
Concert was... ok. I didn't like the way they mic-ed the cello. Sounded WAY too reverb-ery and echoey. 

That's all for now!

No comments: