I Serve

Click Click Click!

Sunday, 9 January 2011

The First, and Last.

I've been sorely tempted to blog about this for awhile now, and after reading Lina's post last night, it finally prompted me to blog extensively, for the first and last time, about DBSK.

I still remember those evenings when their concert promotional advertisement would come on TV, and I'd stop whatever I was doing to stare and swoon at their smooth vocals and suave dance moves.

Laugh at me if you will. Pfft. 
*Oh goodness I can imagine Tarrant rolling on the floor at this point -_-"*

If you belong to the group of people who don't know what the heck I'm talking about, go visit allkpop.com.

I watched them evolve from this:

When they still struggled to sing in-tune whilst performing live, to this:

Singing 5-part acapellas prefectly in-tune.

It pains me to know that the only Korean boy band I ever regarded as worthy of my attention (and money) have now dissolved into (almost) nothingness. I say the ONLY Korean boy band because they are (so far) the only ones that can sing in tune whilst performing live, they can dance, they sing 5 part acapellas, and they look good doing whatever they do did (always a bonus).

Upon attending their first concert in Malaysia back in 2007, I became a fan. Not the "scream-when-I-see-their-faces" type, but I appreciated their songs and bought their main albums - both Korean and Japanese.

3 of them now call themselves JYJ, and the other 2 are "carrying on" with the name "DBSK". Their vocals may remain the same even though they've split, but I will only ever support the original 5 member DBSK.

No comments: