I Serve

Click Click Click!

Thursday, 8 April 2010

Aimless...

I have no idea where I'm going with this post, but I'm digressing from my CAM research paper cause I'm sick of reading about Mozart's warped relationship with his father.

No, they were not incestuous.

I read Mozart's biography last semester and found his social life very interesting. The journal was focussed a lot on the father-son relationship, ad how it affected Mozart's life, and of course, his career.

According to the author, Mozart's father never really left him(Mozart) to stand on his own two feet. Even when Mozart was abroad, his father sent letters of advice (particularly on monetary expenditure) daily and would fret if he didn't receive a reply from Mozart fast enough.

Hence, my research title : Mozart, Was He Ever Truly Independent?

A-N-Y-ways...

Last concert of this academic year's tomorrow night. I'll be so relieved once it's over... No more 6 hour-weekly rehearsals, and 12 on a concert week. This week has been very draining. No kidding. Doesn't help that we've got many things due in the next 2 weeks either.

Speaking of which, I just read something off a friend's friend's blog (hope you don't mind! - since you posted the link anyways =D) that kinda does make sense. Most of the time, in a relationship, if you really, honestly care for one another, there's no need for fancy dinners and beautiful flowers or expensive presents and (like I mentioned before) public proclamations of undying love. Some people (girls, mostly) might disagree with me, but isn't being there for one another more than enough?

I'm not saying you CAN'T go for fancy dinners and give each other gifts, but is it quite necessary to make them "requirements" in a relationship? Quite frankly speaking, I know most (simpler-minded people, anyways) would want nothing more to spend quality time with their significant other. In fact, spending time > gifts, anytime.

Even just a simple text reply. Don't believe me? Observe the people around you. I bet you can tell the difference from when a person receives a text (a positive one) from their loved one compared to receiving one from a friend/colleague.

And err, it's very easy to be overly sensitive with regards to the person you really care about. Things that wouldn't normally irritate you would irk you a little, no matter how much you tell yourself you don't mind. And words that the other person said that you didn't appreciate him/her saying are deeply etched into your memories.

I realised a long time ago that humans usually don't appreciate what they have till it's gone. Family members, good friends, helpful colleagues, boyfriends/girlfriends... Don't neglect them and (unconsciously) push them away, then regret once they're gone.

Not "crying over spilt milk", is a lesson I've learnt (and am still learning) that can be applicable to almost anything we do.



Random quote of the day:

"My swear words sound better than my playing." -_-"
James Ng Wen Liang

Lol.


*hugs*


Sometimes I say things that come out harsher than I intended them to. But I wouldn't say anything at all if I didn't care.

I just hope you know that. 

No comments: