I Serve

Click Click Click!

Tuesday, 9 March 2010

*yawn*

I'm only blogging cause I got chased out of the room I was practicing in, and it's about time for lunch anyways. I'm just waiting for James to finish his major lesson, then go get something to munch on.

Was on Facebook a few minutes ago, read a few updates...

After a conversation I had with someone last night, coupled with the updates on Facebook, I realized that being overly sensitive doesn't do anyone any good. In fact, it only makes life difficult for yourself. Honestly, if you were less touchy and cared a little less about things that really don't matter so much, you'd be a much happier person.

Why on earth do you go about worrying and complaining about stuff that you can either: a) not think about at all, or b) make time for by getting rid of all the extra things you're doing, or c) stop complaining and find a way to solve your problems instead of wasting time whining about it.

I'm sorry I'm being a little harsh, but I think you're putting too much effort on the wrong things. Like someone told me a few days back, get your priorities right. It's good that you wanna get things done, and I know how much of a perfectionist you are (which is also a good thing), but sometimes you have to let some unimportant things go.

Actually, part of the reason you're so touchy all the time is because you're constantly thinking about the amount of things you have to do. Someone once told me that you're very easily provoked. I've given it some thought, and I reckon (I might be wrong, but) it's because you're always worrying, always thinking about what you have to do next, or rather, worrying about what you DON'T have time to do. So when someone does something that you don't like, or that messes with your schedule/plans a little, you get annoyed/irritated.

You don't give thought to what other people might have to do with their time either. Everyone changes their mind about something for a reason, either to avoid wasting time, or make time for a more important event. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the world doesn't evolve around you. Should your friends alter their timetables just to accommodate yours?

To be frank, I'm getting fed up.

*edits*

This will be the last time I attempt to advice you. I used to be like that too, but I've woken up from that nightmare. For your own sake, you should snap out of it as well. A lot of people around you (those who care, at least) have tried to reason with you, but every time that happens, you get extremely defensive. It not because they're bent on annoying you, but you're irritated because you don't like what you're hearing.

Believe me, if you carry on only wanting to hear things you like to hear, you're not gonna get very far in life. Start distinguishing between bullshit and constructive criticism. And to give you a heads up, sometimes there's constructive criticism in bullshit.

No kidding.

1 comment:

Afrika said...

Cool post. I think worrying about things you can't change is just human nature. It's one of those things you have to constantly fight. I have gotten better over the years but I still have a lot of work to do.