I Serve

Click Click Click!

Saturday, 6 March 2010

When Your Weekend Feels Like a Weekday. O_O

No-fun.

This is my schedule for today - a Saturday, which is technically supposed to be slightly free-er than my weekdays:

10-12pm: Practice
12-1pm: lunch
1-3pm: practice
3-4pm: listen to OMM pieces' recordings
4.15-6pm: Major Lesson
6-7pm: rush to Singapore Conference Hall, eat whatever James managed to "da-pao"
7-10pm: OMM rehearsals

It will be around 10.30/11pm by the time we get back to PGP. I tell you, I'm getting my 8 hours tonight, cause I jolly well won't function tomorrow if I don't. Have to attend another rehearsal tomorrow night from 7.30-10.30pm...

?^%>@/$:<#^%!!!!!!!

*breathes*

I was just telling myself: "look forward to March camp", THEN I remembered... We've got internal auditions on the 3rd day of camp.

*curses*

That's less than 10 days away, and I've only looked through the excerpts twice. Very VERY briefly. I-Am-Going-To-D-I-E. Grr..... This month has not been very nice to me. Every time I think things are finally going smoothly, something HAS to come along and ruin it. NOT my idea of fun. Seriously. It's been getting harder and harder to find that silver lining. *sniff sniff*

On a bright side, my practice has been pretty productive. My etude is finally starting to sound like an etude =P, and the Bach now has more direction... I just hope it won't be another one of those I-prepared-well-but-played-like-shit-during-lesson occasions. O_O

Concert last night was a let-down, but the outing was fun, nonetheless. Felt good to get out of school. =) I went with Ray and Hamish - James didn't go cause he had studio class - and we were laughing throughout most of the concert. Something in the program notes tickled us to no end, and those two were cracking jokes during intermission as well. Lol.

Something I read from someone's VERY old blog post:

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. His students shuffled in and took their seats wondering what was he up. Normally that professor would flap into the room with various papers falling to the ground as he apologized for being late. This change immediately silenced their talk and they quietly took their seats and fixed their eyes on their educator.

When the time came for the class to begin, wordlessly the Professor picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, each about 2 inches in diameter. He then screwed the lid on. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They all agreed that it was.

So the professor then took the lid off the jar and picked up a box of smaller pebbles, pouring them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the bigger rocks. He replaced the lid.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full now. Again, they agreed it was.

You probably get the idea now, and, sure enough, the professor picked up the jar again, took of the lid and poured in a box of sand. Of course, the sand filled up the remaining room right to the very top of the jar.

He then asked once more if the jar was now full. The students confidently responded with an unanimous- YES!

The professor the produced two cans of beer from under the table and proceeded to pour the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the space between the sand. The students laughed at having been caught out again.

"Now", said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you ti recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things- your family, you partner, your health, your children, maybe your friends. These are the things that, if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles represent all the other things that matter to you, but essentially are not be all and end all of your existence. Things such as your job, your house, your car, your football team, your pets, and so on. The sand is everything else that fills in the gaps and enriches your life but could not described as essential for your happiness and well being - the small stuff like your favourite television shows, internet sites, etc."

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued "there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, like watching television, then you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness . Play with your children. Take time to get medical check-ups. Take your partner out dancing and treat them to a nice meal, or a new outfit every so often. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the bedside light."

"Take care of the rocks first - the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

All of the students sat nodding to themselves, appreciating the lesson. However, the odd one out raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented.

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked.....
........it just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers!"

*yawns*

And I'm off for more practice. *mumblegrumble*

Prokofiev 5 tonight!
(At least I have that much to look forward to)


I MISS YOU! xoxo =D

Saw this in one of Eben's old posts.

SmilingCat.jpg


Does it remind you of somebody? =P

No comments: