I Serve

Click Click Click!

Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Less Than 24 Hours. =)

Okay I'm treading into dangerous waters here, talking about something that's closely knitted to religion, but I'm going to do it anyways. Cause it's gonna bug the hell out of me if I don't get it off my chest. O_O

I'll be blogging about my perspective of "faith", and I don't care if you disagree with me, cause it's just what I think.

"Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof"
- Kahill Gibran-


For some people, (as they get older) it becomes difficult to just believe. Not because they don't want to, but too much has happened that they just can't. I used to be (am still a little bit of) a sceptic, but as the saying goes: a little bit of faith never hurt anyone.

Many people think faith is acting like something is so when it really isn't so, and if we do so long enough, then it will become so.

I beg to differ.

As someone pointed out to me - just because you don't see something, it doesn't mean it's not there. You can't see electric signals, but you know they exist. When a call is made through your mobile phone, it's not magic when you hear the voice of the other person answer, whether he/she is right next to you, or thousands of miles away. So just because you can't SEE faith, it doesn't mean it's fake, or something not worth believing in.

There has always been a huge argument with regards to faith and hope. To me, they're almost the same thing, just that the former is usually associated with "the one UP there" more than the latter.

Well, after all, faith gives us hope, no?

OMG I know I'm not making sense now.

I realize I'm digging my own grave here, thinking about this when I know that I won't be able to find the answers I'm looking for even if I spend the rest of my life pondering the issue...

But I've just completed 3 sessions of practice, so I'm entitled to let my mind wander for awhile.

*edits*

It's now close to 11pm. And I really ought to be sleeping now cause I have to wake up at 8amand leave by 9 if I don't wanna risk missing the bus but... I can sleep in the bus anyways. O_O I'm SO gonna miss the food... But at least I had a very nice dinner (courtesy of the grandma) before going back to Singapore and having to live on whatever they have in YIH. -_-"

I'd better start planning on what to do with the rest of my minuet. Which I have to finish by tomorrow night! *groans*

My 6-day holiday barely felt like 2.

*mumblegrumble*

Bye people~

No comments: