I Serve

Click Click Click!

Sunday, 10 January 2010

Tell Me, Will You Be My Road to Paradise?

Regrets, we all have them. Whether it's something we did, or did not do, regrets are a part of life. As quote from a Facebook status update I read not 2 days ago, 'life is so difficult, no one comes out of it alive'. I gave the phrase some thought, and discovered that, no one comes out of life without having regretted one thing or another, either.


“We suffer from one of two things. Either the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. Discipline weighs ounces and regret weighs tons.”
-Jim Rohn-

If you had a mirror that only reflected what you used to be, would you want to look into it?

Regrets suck. They drive you up the freakin' Great Wall of China when you think about them. The most annoying thing about regrets is that, no matter how much you think about it, there's absolutely NOTHING you can do to salvage it.

Nothing.

Unless of course, you're a freakin' Hermione with a Time Turner.

Yes, you guessed right. I'm (yet again) sitting in my little room in PGP with nothing to do apart from listening to music, blog hopping and silent pondering.

Oh, and dreading the coming semester, which is due to begin in... 

13 hours. O_O

There are, so many things I regret doing/not doing. It's alarming how one can look back, and nearly get a heart attack from the sheer amount of things that could have been done to make one's life a little more bearable. Then I came to realise that...

Regrets are the past, crippling you in the present.

Whether you like it or not, unpleasant things/events leave scars somewhere permanently etched into our memory banks. The more we tell ourselves to forget it, the more it haunts us. And irritatingly enough, they affect our future decisions/reactions/responses to situations similar to those unpleasant memories. I'm not only referring to work and/or embarrassing moments. This applies to relationships/stress/family-related-problems/pressure-handling... and the list goes on.

In short, we become PARANOID.

When a girl gets her heart broken, she gets paranoid and starts to think that her future relationships are bound to also end in tears.

When you lose a loved one due to an illness, and another loved one is going through the similar symptoms...

When you missed the bus on Monday morning because the BUS CAME AND LEFT EARLY, you subsequently get to the bus stop 1 hour before it's due to arrive.

O_O

But sometim - wait - MOST of the time, unpleasant memories are blessings in disguise. It teaches you to be more careful, more cautious when a familiar path comes your way, and you know what you should/should not do this time around. Sure, there's a danger of you being TOO careful, but hey, better safe than sorry right?

You wouldn't wanna regret it a second time, now would you?


I'm just hoping, praying that this will not be another unpleasant memory permanently etched into my memory banks.

For the last time, I'm gonna trust myself, and give it another go. Because I don't want to look back and think : wait, maybe I should have...

2 comments:

너의 친구 리나 =) said...

Yet another wonderful reflective post. it's amazing how you have the motivation [AND creativity] to write such profound post. Well Done!

Clarissa said...

Lol. Lina. This is what happens when I have nothing to do. Which is a dangerous thing, cause then I start thinking and driving myself insane. =P

But thanks anyways. =D