I Serve

Click Click Click!

Sunday, 18 October 2009

It's Not So Bad After All

I had fun these 3 days. Went for a "reading session" with the OMM today. Did Mahler, Bernstein and Star Wars. Heehee.

The Mahler was okay, I liked the melody and chord progressions he used in certain parts of the first and the last movements. Bernstein was...

Phenomenal.

Well, for me, anyways. Because I love the piece to bits and it's the first time I've played it with an orchestra, so I literally had goosebumps when it came to my favourite parts. It's very different from listening to a recording and playing it yourself. And I was playing the first violin part, so I got to play my number 1 favourite section (cha-cha andantino). Can't describe it in words, but the experience of playing it was just...

Lets just say it felt real good =)

I reckon I'm gonna come back here early next year so I can play in this concert. I mean, we'll be playing it in the MPYO soon (I hope), but I'm not in the first violins so this is like... Golden opportunity? Lol.

Geez, I'm crapping again. Well, in my defence, I haven't been sleeping early, which I should, before my bodily functions go haywire and sleeping late becomes a permanent setting or something. O_o

Ooohh. I had a VERY nice dinner earlier. James and I (we were the only ones who went for OMM cause Raymond and Linh decided to give it a pass) had dinner near the rehearsal place cause we didn't wanna have to eat in NUS. A little more expensive than what I usually have, but since I haven't been having breakfast, I'm not really going over my budget. We haven't even been going out, so...

Which reminds me, I HAVE to get the rest of my contact lens package tomorrow! I was supposed to get it yesterday, but I was too exhausted.


Things could be worse...
I'm just glad I've got nothing to lose...
We'll see...

I'm in a better position than I thought. Heehee

No comments: