I Serve

Click Click Click!

Friday, 6 February 2009

Irony? Sarcasm? What's the f*cking diff???

Never knew a round of badminton for a mere duration of one hour would cause breathing to be a difficult task. AND I sprained my back as well. I'd better lay off the sport until after the audition.

Even now, after a day or so after I'd stopped playing, my chest is still heaving with the effort of breathing. Weird... I used to be able to play 2 hours non-stop without panting. Now a mere 15 minutes and I'm sweating as if I ran a mile.

Kenneth says my strokes have more strength in them, but I reckon that's because I was literally using all my energy. I had some pent-up problems and I wanted to let them go, so sue me.

It was fun though. Despite my standard having dropped to the pits since I haven't played from last year, at least I could still remember how to serve.

Loadsa homework. Mrs Dharma gave us an essay to be done by Tuesday, and Ms Grace told us to find out the diff between irony and sarcasm. I know there is a difference, with regards to the tone and all... But I'm having a hard time trying to put it into words. So if anyone could help me out, I'd be eternally grateful. =D

AND I'm now faced with a new dilemma that my parents decided to throw at me:

Auditions on the 23rd

OB Night is on the 20th

and my dad reckons I shouldn't go when I can use that amount of time to practice.

I'M ALREADY F*CKING SKIPPING SCHOOL FOR THAT ENTIRE WEEK AND YOU WANNA MAKE ME SKIP MY COLLEGE PROM AS WELL???

And it's not like it'll take the whole day. I'm only going for the performances and the dinner. That's ALREADY a compromise.

I really don't get how parents think.

No comments: