I Serve

Click Click Click!

Monday, 26 May 2008

MPYO camp woes...

Though I had plenty of sleep last night, I still look like a zombie. I suppose the crazy practice sessions combined with late nights (mornings, even) are too much for me to handle. My skin complexion is detereorating yet again because of the air-conditioning I'm exposed to 24/7.

Anyways, I'm WAY too tired to go into long, elaborate details of what I've been up to these 9-10 days so I'll just sum it up in a nut shell.

Saturday, 24th May

Woke up at around 8am. Went to the market with my aunt and ate a quick breakfast before heading home to finish packing. I only managed to gather and stack up some random garments the night before. And I only did that to stop my mom's constant nagging. She kept asking me to start packing or I was bound to forget something. I regret not listening to her, because my love for last minute-ness got me rushing around the house like a mad woman from 9.30am until 5 minutes before I left for KLCC. Which meant that the "Ng" household had a mad-18-year-old-teenage girl running and screaming for help for more than an hour. And trust me, you wouldn't wanna be within hearing range of me when I start being frantic. It's not a pretty sight. -_-;

Anyways, I reached DFP at around 11.30-ish. Said "hi" to a few familiar faces... And THEN I remembered that I was supposed to get tickets for Tiki, Brandon and my parents, so I quickly rushed to the box office, praying that they still had tickets left. Thankfully, they did. Apparently, tickets sales are not so good this time...


We left DFP at 12 something and reached PERMATA training centre, Bangi at approximately 1 o'clock. Checked into our rooms... (oh God, do I HAVE to get started with this???)

I'll spare you all the hoo-ha of the room switching and madness of the 1st practice session. It's not even worth mentioning.

Anyways, moving on...

Sunday, 25th May

Awoke at 7am, had a quick shower then headed to breakfast alongside 3 of my room mates- Lu Ee, Poh Lee and Wen Chi (I think that's how you spell it =P) Lu Ee and I joined the Tribal Gang at their table.

After breakfast, we had our usual doses of crazy practice hours with only an hour break for lunch and 2 tea-breaks in-between "Tutti" sessions.

Dinner was at 7pm, then we went off to our rooms. I went online, chatted awhile, then somehow ended up in Kit Leong and Jebat's room.

David, Duncan, Lu Ee, Dylan and Eben were all there as well. How so many of us managed to crowd into their room is really a wonder... Kit Leong had the pleasure of beating me at his own game- PS2, cause I had beaten him flat at badminton earlier.

It was extremely amusing to sit there and watch them play cause they're constantly hurling insults at each other. Well, in Kit Leong's case, it's more swearing than anything else. Actually, I think he swears throughout most of the games. Especially when he knows he's losing.

Anyways, the rest of us got quite tired watching them (Kit Leong, Jebat and Duncan, mainly) swear at one another, so we managed to talk Duncan into bringing out his precious 1.8mil German-made-92-year-old-violin. I have to admit, some (maybe most) of our "judgements" regarding that piece of art might have been greatly influenced by the huge price tag placed on it. Jebat kept insisting that Duncan's violin "makes him play better." And he has this look of utter satisfaction whenever he holds the violin.

Hmm... I wonder...

So in the end, Lu Ee and I only left their room at 2.45am. We were supposed to leave a lot of times before that, but the guys somehow managed to detain us until we really couldn't stand it anymore. (And because Duncan's sentences were becoming less coherent the as time progressed)

Monday, 26th May

Awoke at 7am, washed up, changed and had breafast with the usual people. Our "Tutti" sessions were the same as the day before. Only we had sectionals with the MPO performers as well. The second violins were under Christine Yu. REALLY nice lady. And I think we all like her even more cause she let us off early. =P

Kevin wasn't very happy with us. We weren't keeping time, and our intonation sucked. He kept got irritated when he had to repeat what he already said yesterday, which made the atmosphere really tense.

Blehh... And I got my first violin hickey. =P

Seriously, my neck had a small red mark which really looked like a love bite.

My shoulder blades were burning in pain after the practices, but I still insisted on playing badminton with the guys. Didn't last long though... Cuz the multi-purpose hall was closed for the night and the car park lights weren't bright enough, so we decided to head back after half an hour of "blind" badminton.

I was really tired out, so I came online, chatted awhile with "him" then slept.

Tuesday, 27th May

Again, same schedule...

On the brighter side, Kevin was really happy with us today. I suppose we all improved after the 2 sessions of sectionals with the professionals. Our intonation was much better, and timing was better kept. We even managed to finish our last rehearsal earlier than planned.

I actually planned to sleep early, but my room mates and I got caught up gossiping about annoying brats with doting parents who think their child is some infant prodigy/angel. *A-hem* the topic came up because of a certain someone who drives me and Lu Ee up the freaking Great Wall of China practically everyday.

And so, we only dozed off after midnight after satisfying our need to b*tch about spoilt brats.

Wednesday, 28th May

CONCERT DAY!

Lol. Breakfast as usual, then we boarded the bus and headed to KLCC for our morning rehearsal. The rehearsal wasn't as good as the day before, but Kevin appeared satisfied...

Lunch was at "Signature" food court. I had my usual-beef lasagna, Lu Ee had spaghetti, Duncan and Jebat had McDonalds...

Speaking of McDonalds, Duncan, Jebat, Kit Leong and David were trying out the Big Mac Chant thing at the back of the "Big Mac" coupon from McDonalds. I can't remember the whole phrase, but it starts off with "2 beef patties..."

The guys were experimenting with new ways to say the phrase, which got the rest of us rolling about our seats in laughter. There were many versions, but one that left a huge impression on me was Duncan's reciting the phrase using the melody from the Carmen Suite, which we performed as an encore piece that night.

After our 2nd and final Tutti session, I hung out for awhile in the Musician's Lounge until I got a message from Bernard announcing his arrival. Tiki joined us later and we headed up to Chilli's, where the "Tribe" was celebrating Kah Yan's birthday.

I completely disagreed with Tiki about the way he(Bernard) looked. Okay, fine... His hairstyle sucked, but he still looked nice in the formal wear. Well, at least he looked better than Chicken, whose hair colour clashed horribly with his purple-ish tie.

Surprisingly enough, we spotted Dr. Mahathir and family seated at the Upper Circle during our performance. I couldn't really identify him, but I was wondering what the hell waiters were doing in DFP. And THEN I figured that it was to wait on them, since they...

Okay, I don't wanna be sued for abusing the right for "freedom of speech" so I'll just stop there.

Anyways, the night ended sooner than I wanted it to. I guess it's because...*inserts reason here* But honestly, I didn't feel too bad about leaving cause I knew I was going to be attending college the next day. My "surprise" plan was nearly ruined, but thanks to an unsuspecting someone, I still managed to pull it off convincingly.

Thurday, 29th May

The reaction I got from my college mates were hilarious. Especially Bernard, who stared as if he couldn't believe I was there. HAHA! I'm evil... =P

I was actually supposed to go back to Bangi after my mom finished teaching, but then I didn't wanna skip another Econs class, so I decided to stay another night. I didn't bother with surprising them again, but my presence was welcomed nonetheless.

Friday, 30th May

I got my Law essay back. Apparently it's very "encouraging", to put it in Mrs. Dharma's words, but I neglected a HUGE part of the essay-quoting cases. So I jotted down notes as she was elaborating on how we should write it: what points should be included, what should be explained in detail, what should just be mentioned in general, etc...

And since my parents were golfing somewhere further than Bukit Jalil, I had to waste a further 3 hours in college after my lessons.

I reached home, bathed, packed a few things and headed to Bangi just in time for our Chamber practice.

After we were done practicing, we headed to dinner and met up with the rest. We were watching some cliche Taiwanese Drama while eating. Dylan, Su Yin and I were critisizing the directing of the drama. Very unrealistic.

I managed to sleep early again.

Saturday, 31st May

I was kinda nervous in the morning... I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up with the rest in the String Orchestra as I had skipped 3 practices prior to this one. Thankfully, the notes were relatively sight-readable.

Didn't do anything much until night fall. We had a rough run-through of our Chamber thing in Su Yin's room, then I watched some of the guys play pool.

After dinner, we headed to Kit Leong's room to watch a movie- Superbad.

We were actually supposed to start a little earlier, but because we were trying to get rid of a certain someone, we dispersed and re-gathered 10-15 minutes earlier. In the meantime, Lu Ee and I were in Duncan and Donovan's room.

Jebat soon messaged to let us know the coast was clear...

Kit Leong got stone-drunk on cheap Vodka that night. It was a little terrifying for me as he came close to falling on me a couple of times, but Duncan was nearby so I wasn't partcularly worried. =P

The movie ended at around 3am. Kit Leong somehow managed to whack me across my neck with a pillow just as I was leaving. Seeing that he was drunk, and had little control over what he was doing, I ignored him and left the room.

Sunday, 1st June

Had a short run-through of the concert repertoire in the auditorium before the actual concert began at 11am. My parents and aunt came to watch. Mom liked the Holst best, as did I. Generally, it was a good concert.

After I had sent my parents and aunt off, I headed back to the room I was in earlier. (I have no idea what you call it, but we were hanging out there before and after the concert) Eben and Chin Ning were taking random pictures and David and Dylan were having a jazz-jamming session at the piano. Weirdly enough, Chin Ning later managed to persuade Duncan and I to take some "scandalous" shots. We also had fun taking pictures of Eben "eating" Jia Rong's "mushroom" scrunchie.

Lunch was served at 2pm.

Tiki arrived about 15minutes before the Chamber concert began. We talked awhile as we headed to the auditorium.

I was shivering backstage prior to our performance. The bloody air-conditioning was turned on full-blast. Anyways, the performance wasn't a bad one, although I nearly messed up at one point thanks to my less-than-cooperative fingers.

After the concert ended, I took a quick shower and got invited up to Duncan and Tiki's room. We were exploring Tiki's Mac-he hardly goes anywhere without his Mac and camera- until Chin Ning came and challenged Duncan to a game of pool.

We had a BBQ dinner that night. I reckon this menu was the best in the 9 days we were there. As Tiki had his camera with him, we had fun laughing at Jebat, David and Duncan's weird eating habits. We even had ice-cream later on.

The rest of the night was spent in Duncan's room. As Donovan had already left, Tiki decided to take his place as Duncan's room mate/gay partner. It was Tiki, Duncan, Dylan, Kit Leong, David, Eben, Wen Chi and I at first. Amy joined us after she and Duncan had a 20-minute SMS session.

We talked and talked until none of us had anything to say. Wen Chi, Dylan and Eben left at 6am to sleep in their own rooms. Then, it was David, Tiki, Kit Leong, Duncan and I on the bed, and Amy on the couch.

Monday, 2nd June

Breakfast was at 8am. I looked like I had not slept for a week. My eyes were a little swollen and my face was as pale as a ghost.

I went back to my room to finish packing after I had eaten my fill. As messy as I was, I managed to stuff everything into my bags in 15 minutes. After that, I showered, changed and sat awhile in the lobby until Tiki messaged to invite me up to his room.

I wasn't surprised to find Duncan asleep on the bed again. Tiki and I were talking serious business until Wen Chi joined us. Tiki's parents came to fetch him at 11am, but his presence was later replaced by another of Duncan's "gay partners"- Howard, who also goes to YST. We had fun teasing Duncan about his weird quirks and vain habits. (He looks in the mirror even more than Ivan does.) Then we poked fun at his method of packing his clothes. He just stuffed the entire plastic bag of dirty laundry into his luggage and pressed it flat enough for him to zip it in.

We left for KLCC at 12 sharp. Kit Leong actually apologized for being an ass (when he was drunk) that night. I guess we could tell he was sincere, so we all forgave him. Duncan even gave him a hug, which looked quite gay from where I was seated.

Managed to catch 40 winks as the guys were talking about games, of which I couldn't participate in. I woke up when Duncan gently nudged me (I was sitting with him) and gestured towards the window-we had arrived at KLCC.

After we had left our luggages and instruments at the DFP office, we had lunch at Madam Kwan's. Didn't talk or laugh much cause we were all quite tired.

I joined my parents and siblings at "Spring Garden" at 3.15pm. Had a good laugh over my sister's jokes. I even related 2 of the ones I heard from David, which got all of them laughing like crazy.

I finally watched Narnia, Prince Caspian. AND got frozen in the cinema. Seriously, it was dead cold in there. Even my dad said he was cold.

Had dinner at Nippon Tei, then went to some watch shops to take a look at some new models for my brother. My sis and I got a little bored (and I was falling asleep on my feet) so we got Haagen Daaz ice-cream to keep ourselves occupied.

Reached home at around 10pm. I quickly changed, came online for a short while (Tiki wanted to tell me somethings) then slept (for the 1st time in my life) 13 hours straight.

-end-

LOL! I think that's just about the longest post I've ever done. Well, it could have been longer, but I'm just not in the naggy mood right now so I'll leave that to later posts. Ciao!

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

ordering ambien online ambien cr does pill look like - zolpidem 10mg generic ambien sleeping pill

Anonymous said...

valium 10mg 10mg valium vs 1mg klonopin - buy valium online no prescription canada

Anonymous said...

diazepam for dogs how long does 10mg valium effects last - diazepam 10 mg ampollas

Anonymous said...

generic ativan lorazepam 1mg how long - ativan vs xanax euphoria

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10 mg diazepam ld50 - is diazepam 2mg strong

Anonymous said...

valium 10mg cheap valium online - valium side effects heart rate

Anonymous said...

diazepam for dogs diazepam 10 mg voor honden - diazepam tablets bp 10mg

Anonymous said...

order ativan ativan effects - ativan side effects in children

Anonymous said...

diazepam generics high von diazepam - genuine diazepam online

Anonymous said...

lorazepam 1mg natural remedies ativan withdrawal - buy ativan online from canada

Anonymous said...

xanax buy online no prescription 30 mg xanax overdose - xanax bars order online

Anonymous said...

lorazepam online ativan interactions - buy brand ativan

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam dosage color - diazepam opiate withdrawal

Anonymous said...

ativan online long will 1mg lorazepam last - lorazepam to buy online

Anonymous said...

ativan no prescription ativan withdrawal high blood pressure - ativan withdrawal how long last

Anonymous said...

discount xanax xanax and percocet - xanax erowid

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription overnight valium 2632 - buying valium online forum

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium price pakistan - negative side effects valium

Anonymous said...

ambien price ambien cr 12.5 mg tablet - legal buy ambien online

Anonymous said...

cheap carisoprodol buy hgh - somatropin pills - buy watson soma online

Anonymous said...

buy valium from canada valium dosage overdose - valium dosage depression

Anonymous said...

buy valium online effects of valium on the liver - what is valium classified as

Anonymous said...

Blogger: ClareVoyance-d - Post a Comment purchase acomplia - acomplia online no prescription http://www.a6soft.com/#acomplia-online-no-prescription

Anonymous said...

PrablinaUnisa generic buspar online - generic buspirone http://www.busparspecialoffer.com/

Anonymous said...

advitleva premarin for sale - premarin medication http://www.premarindiscount.com/

Anonymous said...

Trim Easy Pills order topamax - buy topamax without prescription http://www.topamaxforless.com/

Anonymous said...

Anxiety Drug Treating Com buy lexapro online no prescription - cheap escitalopram http://www.costoflexaproonline.net/#cheap-escitalopram , [url=http://www.costoflexaproonline.net/#cheap-lexapro ]cheap lexapro [/url]

Anonymous said...

t, discount levitra online - purchase levitra http://www.levitrapillsforsale.net/#purchase-levitra , [url=http://www.levitrapillsforsale.net/#price-of-levitra ]price of levitra [/url]

Anonymous said...

tni plavix cost - generic plavix http://www.plavixbuynow.net/#plavix-cost, [url=http://www.plavixbuynow.net/#plavix-cost]plavix price [/url]

Anonymous said...

tmd lipitor price - lipitor cost http://www.lipitordiscountonline.net/#order-lipitor, [url=http://www.lipitordiscountonline.net/#order-lipitor]generic lipitor cost [/url]

Anonymous said...

tby buy lasix furosemide - buy lasix without rx http://www.lasixforsaleonline.net/#buy-lasix-without-rx , where can i buy lasix

Anonymous said...

Hello, propecia no prescription - finasteride 5mg http://www.opportunitiesatjohnthomasbd.com/#finasteride-5mg , [url=http://www.opportunitiesatjohnthomasbd.com/#finasteride-for-sale ]finasteride for sale [/url]

Anonymous said...

1 cymbalta cost - low cost cymbalta http://www.cymbaltabuyonline.net/#generic-cymbalta, [url=http://www.cymbaltabuyonline.net/#generic-cymbalta]buy cymbalta[/url]

Anonymous said...

6, buy cheap klonopin - buy clonazepam no prescription http://www.klonopinsaleonline.com/#buy-klonopin, [url=http://www.klonopinsaleonline.com/#klonopin-sale]buy cheap klonopin[/url]

Anonymous said...

3, cheap adipex 37.5 - purchase adipex http://www.costofadipex375.com/#cheap-adipex-online, [url=http://www.costofadipex375.com/#cheap-adipex]buy cheap adipex[/url]

Anonymous said...

3, adipex generic - where can i buy adipex online http://www.costofadipex375.com/#buy-cheap-adipex, [url=http://www.costofadipex375.com/#adipex-generic]cheap adipex 37.5[/url]

Anonymous said...

2013 cheap wellbutrin - zyban drug http://www.wellbutrinforsaleonline.net/#wellbutrin-online, [url=http://www.wellbutrinforsaleonline.net/#wellbutrin-online]buy bupropion[/url]

Anonymous said...

2, propecia sale - buy finasteride 5mg http://www.propeciasaleonline.net/#cheap-propecia-5mg, [url=http://www.propeciasaleonline.net/#finasteride-online]cheap propecia 5mg[/url]

Anonymous said...

2, Prozac Sale - Generic Fluoxetine - cheap fluoxetine no prescription http://www.doesprozacwork.net/.

Anonymous said...

14, Isotretinoin Online - Accutane Online - buy accutane no prescription http://www.320ys.com/ .